Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This summer, I'll be enjoying it all!

"Fresh cut grass" - Aaron

Certain foods just define summer: anything BBQ'd, margaritas, watermelon, corn on the cob, tomatoes fresh off the vine, snow cones, ice cream from the dairy mart...



Looking at that list, I am reminded that all of those things are staples of my summertime childhood. Well, with the obvious exception of the margaritas! This got me thinking about other things that are summer mainstays. So I started a new list: cool evenings sitting outside watching the stars, staying out till dark and then finding out it's after 9:00, looking out the window and seeing the surrounding green-ness of the landscape, the smell of fresh cut grass, kids running and playing, planting a garden... What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment